Getting into the habit of keeping an open mind to understand all perspectives, having a loving and forgiving heart, and controlling unholy anger.
It’s going to take a while, but God willing, I can become more like Him.
The Alnwick Poison Garden is pretty much what you’d think it is: a garden full of plants that can kill you (among many other things). Some of the plants are so dangerous that they have to be kept behind bars. [x]
(Source: bregma, via thingssheloves)
"People don’t like love, they like that flittery flirty feeling. They don’t love love - love is sacrificial, love is ferocious, it’s not emotive. Our culture doesn’t love love, it loves the idea of love. It wants the emotion without paying anything for it. It’s ridiculous."
"Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives."
"1. Don’t ever tell anyone they look tired.
2. Help people, and if you offer to help someone, follow through.
3. Be kind to people who work in retail and food service.
4. Let someone know you’re not interested.
5. Actually “hang out sometime.”
6. Be a little more honest.
7. Stop calling each other mean names on the internet.
8. Send more letters (not emails) and gifts.
9. Give more genuine complements.
10. Have more patience while waiting in lines."
"You know you’re on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back."